Sunday, September 16, 2007

Teapots and Halloween

butterfly[1]

Isn't this a lovely teapot? With its cute size, shape, flowers and, of course, butterfly, it has everything going for it :) This is another of my mom's teapots, and it originally belonged to HER mother. I just love things with family history and age. I like the idea of using the same things that earlier generations did, and of caretaking them for the future.

In other news, you (all three readers out there, lol) may have noticed that I was gone for a few days. Well, I blame it on HALLOWEEN!!!! I tried to not get swept up in it lest that be all of which I'm capable of blogging, but I think it's too late! My "Country Living" was a wee bit disappointing in its Halloween offerings-- the one article was good and I did get some ideas, but, like the crazed little sugar junkies that will soon be ringing doorbells, I NEEDED MORE!!!! :)

So, on Friday after work I stopped off at Borders and got Mary Englebreight's "Home Companion" magazine and the Martha Stewart Halloween issue.


MEporch
(from ME's "Home Companion")

marthahalloween
(Duh, Martha Stewart!)

I played "World of Warcraft" Friday night because I am determined to hit 70... well, soon. I've taken a ridiculous amount of time to do it. So it wasn't until Saturday morning that I sat down with my honey toast and tea to completely indulge in Halloweeny goodness. ME's "HC" had some VERY nice stuff in it, including a 20% off your total purchase coupon for Michael's!! (The coupon is good through 30 November, so I plan to hold onto it until the Halloween stuff is on sale). However, the best was Martha.
(Ahh, Martha. How conflicted I am about you. You don't seem like a very nice person, but you had so much to do with bringing about respect and admiration for the art of homekeeping. I don't care much for "Martha Stewart Living", with it's insanely time-intensive recipes, hard-to-do crafts, and articles that don't have much to do with my life, but oh! Your holiday issues are wonderful, and none moreso than the Halloween ones! )

Yes, the MS Halloween issue is WONDERFUL! I got lots of good ideas from it, and am just itching to begin decorating :) After years of refusing friends' offers of help with party prep, I am actually going to take people up on it. I love decorating for and hosting this party every year, but usually I'm so frazzled by the night of that I don't have much fun. So, this year, I'm recruiting left and right! I sat down with my calendar yesterday and figured out when we need to do what and I'm feeling more in control already! ... We'll see how long that lasts ;)

I'll continue with the fun "Teapot of the Day" feature, but I'm just warning you to prepare yourself for lots of Halloween talk! Also, I would love to hear about your decorating ideas! Fair warning: if they're fabulous I'll most likely steal them for Tallulah House ;)

Hope you have a great day doing something you enjoy,
Kimberley

5 comments:

tea time and roses said...

Kimberley...I am really enjoying your tea pot series, and here is another really pretty one... I truly have enjoyed them all!

Hugs to you...

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Oh dear if you've been playing W of W I'm surprised you have resurfaced I understand that it's v. addictive, almost as much as blogging!

stadtgarten said...

What a lovely teapot!

Kimberley said...

Hi, everybody :)

Beverly, it's always so nice to see you at Tallulah House. I'm so glad that you're enjoying the teapot series-- I am, too!

cd&m, yep WoW is very addictive as a rule, but I can't be too bad off as I've been playing for two years and I'm only level 68 ;) I really enjoy it, though, it's lots of fun. Thanks for stopping by!

Stadtgarten, thank you so much. I do like this teapot a lot. Check back as I'm showcasing a new one every day. Thanks for visiting me :)

Anonymous said...

Currently it seems like Drupal is the preferred blogging platform available right now.
(from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?


Also visit my site: pureberrymaxreview.net