Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Chamomile Teapot

redwillow[1]

So my mom's addicted to chamomile tisane. Yes, it's true. Anyone have the number for Herbals Anonymous?? :) The poor woman brews up several dozen pots a day (ok, maybe that's a SLIGHT exaggeration) and seems to have forgotten that she has any other kind of tea in her cabinet. All of mom's other teapots seem to have been forgotten, as well, in favour of this cheerful little thing. I swear this is the teapot shape upon which the Disney animators based Mrs. Potts-- doesn't the top look like a mob cap??

The pattern is pink "blue willow". My mom and I are both crazy about blue blue willow and we both use it as our everyday dishes. Mom happened to see this piece of pink blue willow and knew it would go well with her strawberry plate. Their permanent home is the kitchen counter near the window, where the teapot holds all of the chamomile tisane that one tiny woman can drink (and that's a lot!).

Here's to you, little pink willow teapot! You help make my mama happy, so you're alright by me ;)

Kimberley

No comments: