Friday, September 21, 2007

Little Chef

littlechef2[1]

Hi, everybody! It's been a rough week at work (I know, I know, I give all appearances of being an indolent sloth, but even *I* have to put forth some effort some time ;), and I've had no time for my blogging fix! I've been reading, though, oh, yes, checking in all of my favourites just to see what everyone's up to!

Continuing the Teapot of the Day series, here's a favourite of mine: the Little Chef. We got the Little Chef on the same trip to the UK as when my mom bought this one, though under entirely different circumstances.

We toured around Scotland and England for three weeks and were trying to be thrify in our meals, so we were glad to discover the Little Chef restaurants. They were tasty. They were inexpensive. They were EVERYWHERE!!

I became quite enamoured with the teapots, cute, sturdy, little things that they were, and one day my mom asked our waitress if she could buy one for me. Our waitress went to ask the manageress, who came over and said, "You just take it, as a wee present from me to you." (Yes, she really did say "wee"!) I was as thrilled as a teapot-loving teenager could be, and promised to take good care of it. I remember being VERY concerned with packing it in a carry-on bag, wrapped in a bunch of clothes :) 17 years later, it's still going strong, safe and sound, and I'm as enamoured as ever.

Dear Manageress of the Little Chef somewhere off one of the main highways somewhere in England: Thank you. Your gift of kindness, every bit as much and even moreso than the teapot itself, has stayed with me. Whenever I see it or use it, I think of you :)

Kimberley

3 comments:

tea time and roses said...

Kimberley I so enjoyed your story about your Little Chef tea pot, and I see why it is your favorite... I hope one day to be able to travel as you have... What a treasure to have all these sweet little tea pots and their stories behind them... I have so enjoyed them...

Beverly :o)

stadtgarten said...

Lovely story!
I can understand that this one has a special meaning for you.

Kimberley said...

Hi there!

Beverly, thanks so much for your encouragement of the Teapot of the Day series. I've really been slackign on it, but resolve to do better. There are still many more to share! Thank you for stopping by :)

Stadtgarten, thank you for coming by. Yes, that is a really great memory-- I can still remember so clearly how thrilled I was, lol. There are more teapots to come!

Hope you both have a great day :)
Kimberley