Thursday, September 13, 2007

Halloween!

Dear reader:

I interrupt your regularly scheduled "Teapot of the Day" post, in order to say...

IT'S HERE!!!

countrylivinghalloween



Yes, the Halloween issue of "Country Living" arrived today :) (I'm not excited at all. Really.) I actually look forward to this issue like you wouldn't believe. "Country Living" is my favourite magazine, though "Home Companion" is a close second, and it can always be trusted to do right by my favourite holiday.

You have to understand: I don't really save magazines. They're for enjoying for a while, and then for passing on to others, or for recycling. The Halloween editions, however, are special. I save them. Period. It's always a lot of fun for me to settle in on a weekend in mid September and get out all of my Halloween magazines, a fresh legal pad, and a stack of my favourite pens, and begin planning for Tallulah's annual Halloween party. Ooo, I can't forget this book, also great for getting me in the Halloween spirit, and also a "Country Living" publication:


pumpkinchic-mv


As I'm sure some of you can relate, those planning sessions are half of the fun for me. Yes, I am incredibly nerdy. If you're just now catching on to that fact, then you MUST be a new reader ;)

Anyhoo, I'll be back tomorrow with your teapot of the day. For now, I'm off to make a pot of tea and settle in with my new "Country Living". Oh, and this weekend, with its rainy forecast, is looking like the perfect time to begin planning :)

Kimberley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to keep my eyes open for a copy of that over here, hope it doesn't hit the newstands on NOv 1st though!

Kimberley said...

That WOULD be a bummer! Hopefully you'll see it before then. There's really only one article in there this time, which was a little disappointing... so I went out and bought a couple more magazines ;)

Thanks for stopping by,
Kimberley

Kari said...

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I am the exact same way with Halloween special issues. I LOVE them and have a stack for inspiration!!!
Kari