Monday, July 23, 2007

Project o' the day

Well, I got all of the shelves and towel hooks put back up yesterday in the bathroom (read all about the bathroom project saga here and here ), put the knicknacks back in place, lit a green tea/lemon verbena soy candle and stepped back to admire :) I truly am pleased with how the ceiling and painting went-- so glad I did it and so glad that its OVER!
I'm getting started today on a project that I've had in mind for a while now, a sort of tie in to the courtyard project. At the very edge of the courtyard, forming a sort of mini wall, is the edge of the fenced-in enclosure that houses our trashcans. I'm eventually going to paint the side that faces the courtyard the colour of the shutters below, a colour that I call "Provence blue":




(This is a beautiful painting by Ron Kawzcynski, called "cottage door- provence"-- his page is here).

On this painted section of the fence, I'm going to hang various planters, with shade loving plants. I think that it will really add a nice spot of colour, and also help me feel that the rest of the courtyard will eventually take shape :)

So, my project for today is to paint some of the hangers that I have in the appropriate colours and distress them. Some will be white and some a soft yellow, and the distressing will be done with a sander.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my parents for the rest of the week. I already warned my mom that I'm bringing some fabulous butterfly fabric and that I want us to make pillows with it. The pillows will be for Chris and mine's bedroom, which I plan to re-do next spring.

Good luck with whatever your project of the day is :)

5 comments:

tea time and roses said...

Kimberley...

Thank you so much for your visit and comment to my blog... You have a lovely place here. Your cottage is so sweet! Kimberley, you are a winner of my Pay It Forward Gift Swap!! Leave your address on my e-mail so I can get your gift to you! Again thanks so much!

Smiles

Beverly

Kimberley said...

Hooray! Thanks, Beverly, I'm so excited :) I'm already planning what gifts I can offer up in my own PIF!

I'll e-mail you straightway, and thanks!

Perfectly Lovely said...

I hope you have a nice relaxing time at your parents..It sounds as though your going to need a break, you've been a very busy bee!!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Bet you are glad you've finished!!
From your Spackle-loving friend!!

Kimberley said...

Oh, Sophie, you said it! I am so glad that I did the project because it just looks loads better, by oh, boy, am I ever glad that its done! I had originally thought that I'd do all of the ceilings in the house... but now I've decided that they can just stay the way they are ;)