Thursday, July 12, 2007

My vacation is almost here!

Yippee, tomorrow is my last day at work for a few weeks! People keep asking me if I'm going on a trip and I just keep thinking if they only knew what my house projects list looks like that they wouldn't bother, lol. Come on, all you old-house people know what I'm talking about!

So, here's what that list looks like:
  • scrape the bathroom ceiling (it has that stomp stuff on it that mildews and that you CANNOT clean, no matter how hard you try or what you use), and then paint it with anti-mildew paint
  • patch and paint the bathroom walls
  • refinish the armoire in the dining room to match the dining room table
  • paint the kitchen ceiling
  • paint the bathroom and computer room doors
  • paint the moulding around the front door that was *supposed* to have been done before last year's Halloween party
  • buy more plants for the raised beds
  • make a cover for the chandelier's cord

I'm just a little too depressed to go on, so I'll stop there ;) Actually, I like doing these projects, especially when I have vacation time and don't have to get up at 5:30am in order to get into Atlanta traffic. I just seize the opportunity to morph into DIY girl/domestic goddess, complete with ratty overalls and head kerchief! I actually got into a routine last summer that I enjoyed: I'd roll out of bed fairly early and head straight out do some gardening. Around 9:30, I'd stop and take a shower, get Happy the espresso maker to make me a rich, black cup of coffee (which, oddly, is the perfect accompaniment to the egg salad sandwich I'd scarf down-- who knew?) and watch "Country Style" on HGTV. Sometimes that would lead to a nap-- shamelessly encouraged by the dogs-- and then I'd do house chores. Is it pathetic that I REALLY liked that? lol Its just such a different routine from the rest of the year and its nice to revel in it.

Speaking of reveling, I'm looking forward to the Scott Antiques Market in August! I'll report in on whether or not I found some treasures :)

2 comments:

Perfectly Lovely said...

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for visiting me...I sounds as though your going to have a very busy time (but quite fun though).

Good luck with all your projects!!

Would LOVE to see some pics!
Jennifer.x

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Your house is gorgeous!!!! I love it!