Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blog Halloween Party!

Tallulah House is pleased to be a part of the Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun Halloween party. After you've had a look around here, you might want to click on that link and visit some of the other spooky locales :)


Let me show you around! You approach the front porch:


halloween 096


As you get closer, you notice the urns at the bottom of the steps-- no ashes in them, though, only colourful gourds and owls :)


halloween 094


halloween 093

(Never you mind all the dirt on the urns and leaves that need sweeping off of the walk-- this is an old, haunted house!! It's supposed to look that way, I tell ya!)

On the door is some kind of (tacky) wreath (hey, someone gave me those garlands and the door needed a spot of colour!)


halloween 092


Slowly, the door before you creaks open and you see-- EEEEEK!


grimcloseup

(Don't worry, though, he's off duty and just here for the party!)


Have a look around the spooky living room... or should I say the UNliving room??? Muwahahahah!


unliving room


halloween 062


Here are some closeups of this (not very) frightening tableau!


halloween 067


halloween 066


halloween 064




Come on into the dining room... if you dare!


Halloween dining room


Here's a closeup up of the decaying tablecloth (I had a blast unravelling the cheesecloth!)

tablecloth closeup



My goodness, look at all of those cobwebs!

halloween 043


Come closer. Closer!

pumpkin closeup


rightpumpkin

That's close enough! I KNEW that I shouldn't have stencilled these in the dark!



Dante has some spooky treats for you:

Dante 1


A view into the kitchen (The spiders must get paid per piece around here. And is that a rodent army??)

halloween 098



Look at this bewitching beauty!

Bewitching Hour 2



Oooo, a spooky Halloween painting... and another rat!

halloween 046



Look at the teapots! They've been taken over by the rodent army!

halloween 047


halloween 050


halloween 049


They're-- they're everywhere!

halloween 041




halloween 042


Let's go into the kitchen. There are a few things to see in there.


A vintage-ish Halloween banner:

halloween 038


Some sorceresses:

halloween 044


halloween 040




Some lovely fall foliage and a sign:

halloween 035


A closeup, and Tallulah House's wish for you this All Hallow's Eve:

halloween 039

Thanks for coming to the party :)
Kimberley

31 comments:

Pinkie Denise said...

I love all your halloween decoration they are great. Boy you have been busy. Thanks for sharing and see you at the party! Pinkie Denise

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

First I must say what a darling petite maison!
You've been having a ball with all that decorating, oui? It's great.
I'll see you at the party!Oh and by the way Tallulah is a great name, just ask my Siamese cat. Susan

Joy said...

Wow!! your house is decked out. I am in LOVE with those towels!!!
~0~ Happy Halloween!! ~0~

The Fairy Godmother said...

What great decorations - happy Halloween

Carole Burant said...

I sooo enjoyed seeing all your decorations, they're all spooktacular:-) I think you need to call in the Pied Piper to do something about those rats! hehe Make sure you come over for my Halloween Bash:-) Happy Halloween! xo

M.E. said...

Love all your halloween decorations! You go all out!

Felicia said...

Love, love, love your decorations! Happy Halloween :)

Ulla said...

Wow! Your house is wonderful! Love all the mice... See you on the moonbeams!

A Novelist said...

Beautiful decorations! Happy Halloween! :)

Erin Earls said...

Wonderful Decor! I love the white "Halloween" pumpkins. Just so much fun!!!
Happy Halloween~
Love Erin~

Altered Route said...

I wanna go to your house!!! Great decorations! Love the tea towels!
Connie

Sandra Evertson said...

Your place is decorated so Wonderfully!
Happy Halloween!
Sandra Evertson

jungle dream pagoda said...

Oh Wow !!! Oh My !!!! I really love your decor,so clever with the gauze!

Scrappy Moments said...

Great Decoarations, what a wonderful party. I am loving that star banner and the rat sihouettes!


Angie

eb said...

whoa!

what a party!

you sure know how to do it...

Happy Halloween...

xox - eb.

Sherry said...

Love your display!
I see you did the white pumpkins too...my first time trying that and I'm glad I did..all the kidlets are talking about them!!
Love the tablecloth too..what a novel idea!!

Happy Halloween!

vivian said...

trick or treat! I love all your halloween decorations! happy halloween! hope to see you at my blog!
vivian

Leslie said...

Such cool decorations! Things are so festive around there.

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

love the stenciled pumpkin...have we danced yet...hope you're having a ghoulish day...blessings, rebecca

The Lone Beader® said...

Boo!

Dorian Fletcher said...

Wow, Tallulah - you go girl! I was lucky to get my entryway decorated. Call me wacky, but I'm especially taken with the figures on the dishtowels! Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

I just love the front of your home and the black and white theme in your dining area. Great job. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a FABULOUS house! I love the rat under you coffee table... the cheesecloth is so hauntingly divine.

We certainly may be kindred halloween spirits...

Have a wonderful All Hallow's Eve!

Scarlett said...

Happy Ghoulish Halloween, this is such fun to trick or treat blogging.

I love the cheescloth tablecloth.

And the rats are a nice addition. You know they do breed so fast. Lovely to drop by,thanks for the hospitality.

WHere did you get those towels??

xxxxx said...

Happy Halloween! Hope you had a fun night! Your house is wonderfully decorated :-) And I love those stencilled pumpkins.

Paul-ene said...

Love all your pixs.....charming cape Cod....Love that type of home.

Your pumpkins up your walk is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your Halloween Fun.

Happy Halloween!

Mockingbird Hill said...

Wonderful! The crepe paper orange and black balls are so cool. Your home is so inviting...even with that rodent army! Is your charming witch doll by Dee Foust?

Thanks for stopping in at my party..see you soon!

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween a day late. I left the party last night to pass out candy.

Thank you for the tour of your Halloween decorated home. - Or is it that way year round? ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

Loved your post. I know I am late. Still trying to get to everyones party. Hope you had a Happy Halloween.

Priscilla said...

I have really enjoyed your decorations and displays! What a party, the dining table looks amazing, its a shame it cant stay around longer, I never want to take my decor down at halloween.....

Priscilla x

Laume said...

Straggling in late - since you took everything down already, I'm glad I can still see it all in your photos. Your house looked fabulous! Although I couldn't help but notice how many of your great ideas would have been topped or destroyed by my cats or grandbaby - sigh, the price of tiny loved ones, eh?