Monday, October 22, 2007

More Halloween fun!

pumpkinfarm1

Here are some photos of our Saturday excursion to a north GA pumpkin farm. I was so excited, standing there in the middle of that huge bunch of pumpkins, that I just about needed a paper bag in order to breathe. If I'd been a dog I would have been thumping my tail wildly and rolling around on the ground :)
There were heirloom pumpkins, regular carving pumpkins, sugar pumpkins, huge, gigantor pumpkins... The weather was incredible: sunny, but cool enough to need the sweater that I'd brought *sigh* It was so much fun. I was very good and only bought two pumpkins! Go ahead: congratulate me on my restraint. (Never mind the fact that I already had 13 and that I will be going back to Whole Foods to buy more for the big carving fest this Friday night...)

pumpkin3


Here's a (horrible, awful, blurry) picture of Tallulah's decorated porch:

Halloween front porch

Some things that you can't see include a cool, motion-activated skeleton hanging from the porch light (thanks, Mom!), the "Welcome" crosspiece that forms the top of the archway (thanks, Mom!), a skeleton "Beware" sign in the right windowbox (thanks, Mom!), a "trick or treat" flag, some owl candleholders.... (My mom is my Halloween enabler, can you tell??) Hmmm, there's quite a lot that you can't see... Sorry! I do love the glow of the lights, though :) I have these darling glass pumpkin shaped candle holders that I suspended by orange ribbons from the bannisters (they're the large orange glows on the sides). I think it looks pretty cool.

More pictures of all the decorative goings-on later! Oh, and if any of you are serious Halloween fans, add to my joy and leave me a comment ;)
Kimberley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those pumpkins! Your porch looks brilliant.

Kimberley said...

Aww, thanks :) It's a terrible picture, though!

Hopefully I'll get some good ones of the final setup for the party.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kimberley

slow poke kate said...

wow! look at those pumpkins! And the decor is lovely.

I am the only person in our neighborhood here in England with a lit pumpkin. I am sure everyone thinks I am witch ;)


London Southern Belle

Kimberley said...

"She's a witch!" "May we burn her?"

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Go you for having a jack-o-lantern. Hope you have a lovely Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kimberley

Priscilla said...

Those pumpkins at the farm are huge! I think your front porch lights came out well, it looks lovley through the day photos too! Your house looks great all decorated for halloween!

Priscilla x