Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blessings


Today, while I was holding my three month-old son, I fell down half a flight of stairs. Though I am normally not given to going on and on about my spiritual beliefs, I believe that God was looking out for us.
I fell head over heels, hitting my head several times as well as my hips, legs, and shoulders, and slammed into the wall on the landing. Liam doesn't have a scratch on him. I was holding him as I always do, close to my chest with both arms wrapped around him. I guess that when I fell, I instinctively wrapped myself around him, and I thank God for that instinct. I don't know what I would have done if Liam had been hurt.
I immediately went to the infirmary and our excellent nurses checked both of us out. One called our pediatrician and told them what had happened and that we were on our way over. Liam checked out absolutely fine.
So tonight I'm thanking God for "all the blessings of this life", as the liturgy states, as well as more specifically for protecting my child. For that, I am truly thankful.

3 comments:

tea time and roses said...

Hello Kimberley!

Oh my as you told this story I was imagining just what that must have been like for you. I am so happy that you and the baby are fine. You are so right, our Heavenly Father has promised to keep us from danger seen and unseen. He is so faithful and wonderful! I love this time of year. A time set aside to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, a time to share with family and friends.

Indeed it was fabulous to hear from you! I can imagine just how busy you must be...a wonderful kind of busy.:o) Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family. Give the baby a kiss for me, tell him that one is from your blogging friend Beverly!:o)

Smiles...

Beverly

Sandy said...

Oh, Kimberley! I am so glad that you and little Liam are all right!

Merry Christmas to you and the family. Give Liam a little kiss and hug for me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly, just reading thru your blog! How scary! I worry about that every time I come down my stairs with Lucian...so glad you guys were ok! - Peggy