Friday, December 7, 2007

Just a quick hello

Hi, everybody!

I have been really busy at work and, between bikram yoga (I'm REALLY liking this-- more in a later post)-- and World of Warcraft, really busy outside of it as well, hence the lack of posting.

Our refrigerator died last week-- yes, right after we'd heard the news about my sabbatical being approved and resolved to save up money for the trip-- so last Saturday we went out and bought one at Lowe's. Well, long story short, the delivery folks banged our new refrigerator up but good, putting a dent in the bottom and taking some paint off. It was also REALLY LOUD! I called the store manager and complained, explaining how I didn't want to buy it from Lowe's in the first place after the nightmare we went through with our landscaping project last summer, but that we had, against my better judgment.

Well, I have to give this gentleman top marks. He immediately resolved to make it right and, though two ladies ended up handling the actual details, he did: by upgrading us to another refrigerator. Also, I couldn't have been more pleased with the super-nice delivery guys who showed up and took the time to carefully maneuver the fridge through our narrow kitchen doorway. So, hats off to Lowe's. I'm going to write a thank-you letter, but also wanted to share this with my friends in Blogland :)

Tallulah House has gotten a little gussied up for Christmas. We don't go all out the way we do for Halloween, but it is definitely festive around here! In the rush to get out the door when I got the call about the fridge being delivered, I left the camera at work so I have no pictures to share :(
I'll take some photos on Monday, though, and share our modest decorations next week.

It's so funny: though I was thrilled to be getting the Saga of the Fridge wrapped up, I was very irritated to have to leave work early (Chris had taken off to see to it the first time so it was only fair that I did so the second time around) with all that I had to do. However, it turned out to be such a blessing to have some time at home. I did some much-needed cleaning, folded some laundry, polished some silver, and did a bit more decorating. Between working and commuting, I know that Tallulah House gets short shrift, and I hate that. So, it was lovely to have some time to take care of things around here. I'm sure that none of you can relate to that, right? ;)

So my quick hello has turned into a lengthy catch-up session!Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you have a great day.
Kimberley

3 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Hello sweet friend....we were just checking in...can't wait to see your Christmas decorations from your lovely home!

Have a very blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

stadtgarten said...

It's funny, but exactly today our refridgerator decided to give up! :(
I spent the afternoon with organizing space in neighbours fridges, because we had bought lots of food in our vacation in France.
From tomorrow on I will go searching a new one and I hope I will be as happy as you are in the end.
Congratulations to your sabatical! This sounds really great!
When are you going to Ireland?
Have a nice week, best wishes, Monika

Kimberley said...

Hi, everybody!

Thanks for stopping by. Kari & Kijsa, and Alison, I remembered the camera but SOMEONE had removed the battery (perhaps to charge it) and I only discovered it after I got home from work, grrr. I'm really excited about my chandelier and can't wait to show it to you!

Monika, I feel your refrigerator buying pain, believe! I wish you all the best luck in finding one. Thank you, yes, I'm really excited about Ireland. We plan to go the last two weeks in May, which should be perfect in terms of weather and avoiding crowds. I just have to find some time to get the arrangements made!

Have a great day, ladies!