Monday, June 2, 2008

We're home!

Hey, y'all:

We are safely ensconced back in our beloved Tallulah House, with our beloved furry children, and are happy to be here :)

Ireland was absolutely fantastic. I've been fortunate enough to see a lot of the world, and Ireland definitely rates in the top three of the most beautiful places that I've visited. The people are friendly, charming, and full of life. I can't fully explain how strange it was to stand in a country where I've never been, and yet have it feel so much like home. Maybe there truly is such a thing as ancestral memory, who knows?

We learned so much (even Chris, whose brain was already saturated with knowledge about Irish mythology and history), and are incredibly grateful to my school for giving us this opportunity.

Today is all about resting, playing with the dogs, doing laundry, and getting ourselves ready to go to work tomorrow. Over the next few posts I'll be sharing the highlights of our trip, as well as lots of pictures. In the meantime, here's one of my favourites. It's of a Neolithic age portal tomb called Pol na Bron and seeing it is truly a mystical experience. Chris has played around with the colour and this actually does a lot to convey the mood of the tomb and of the place. I hope that you enjoy it.

Pol na Bron

Kimberley

4 comments:

C&C said...

So glad you had a great time! Would love to see pics and hear about which places you visited. Rest up & welcome back!

Jennifer said...

Glad you are home and had a great time! I can't wait for more pics.

Sandy said...

Welcome back! Anxiously awaiting pictures!!

tea time and roses said...

Hi Kimberley!

So glad you made it back home safely, and even more excited that you had a grand time! I too cannot wait to see more of Ireland!! Welcome home!

Smiles...

Beverly