Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ok, so I'm stalling here...

Chris is working on re-sizing the Ireland pictures (and doing other mysterious things to them, apparently), so I STILL don't have any photos to share-- I'm sorry!

In the meantime, I thought that I would update you on the baby bedding issue-- it's not Ireland, but it is something ;)

So, some of you may remember my cry for help in regard to this issue: Let's talk baby bedding...
What I didn't mention in that post was that the whole issue was further complicated by the fact that all of the bedding had to be organic. Yeeee-eeeesssss. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find organic bedding that isn't "natural" color? I'm here to tell you that it's pretty challenging. Ok, well, so I made it even harder with my determination to not buy a matching set, mostly due to cost and because it seemed that, for boys, the only color was blue and the bedding had trucks all over it. But enough of my self-inflicted nuttiness!

The walls in what was once my sitting room and is now the nursery are a lovely pale green: Rejuvenation from Benjamin Moore. I decided that chocolate was just the color to set that off (didn't want to paint again and go through finding paint with no VOC's), and began looking... and looking... and looking. After over a month of this, here's what I've ordered:

The blanket (which won't actually see any real use for a while, since babies aren't supposed to have blankets), which I found on Etsy. It's all organic, with cotton and bamboo-- not only do I love that and the funky pattern, but I'm glad I could support an independent craftsperson.

babyblanket


The sheet (I'm also ordering a set in "natural"), which I found on Amazon:

chocolatesheet


The bumper cover, from Kee-Ka (I know, the picture reads "crib sheet", but there's a bumper cover with the same pattern):

monkeysheet


The crib skirt, which I found at Carousel Designs. It's the only piece that isn't organic, but I figure Liam isn't going to be breathing into it, as he will the other things:

browncribskirt

I'm also on the hunt for chocolate valances to go over the cream curtains (which will be tied in the middle with chocolate ribbon) that are already there. I found some that are perfect on Target.com (not available in the store, of course), but they want to charge me almost $16.00 for shipping and I just won't pay that.

Oh, and when Chris and I were at Babies R Us the other day, he found a cute monkey for the wall. Is that our theme, then, monkeys? :)

So, what do you think?
Kimberley

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Awesome finds! I love that blanket! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

tea time and roses said...

Beautiful Kimberley! I just love it...how lovely. It makes one feel so good when you finally find just what you been looking for! :o) You have a beautiful weekend...

Smiles...

Beverly

Kimberley said...

Thanks, ladies! I am really excited to have found these things. Now let's just hope that everything works together ;) I will definitely let you know how it goes!
Kimberley

kari and kijsa said...

Great finds-love the blanket and adorable monkey sheets- can't wait to see Ireland!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hi Kimberely,
Thank you for stopping by by blog.....that brought me right to yours...I was reading about your organic baby room and your choices...."I LOVE THEM"...I can not wait to see it all put together.....I'll be back to check it out...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

Your colour choice is fabulous! Baby's room will look absolutely amazing.
xo,
Lynda

Garden Girl said...

Hi Kimberylu,just found you via the lovely Alison at VA. Congrats on your bump, just browsed your Ireland post. We went to Ireland on our honeymoon and had a fabulous time. I see you found Avoca too-isn't it gorgeous? Did you visit the coffee shop upstairs? Sigh.x