Monday, November 5, 2007

Remember this?

blackgallary


Those of you who are new to Tallulah House (or those who simply have lives and can't remember every single detail about me!) may not know about this dress. I am performing a wedding this weekend and it has a medieval theme. The bride and groom are very into renaissance faires and when I asked the (very UNbridezilla-ish) bride what she wanted me to wear, she said that she didn't expect me to buy anything but if I had anything medievalish (a not very unrealistic expectation, actually) that I could wear that. Well, as it turns out I had nothing that I thought was quite the thing, and found this on Ebay.

Here's where it all went wrong.

I ordered a medium which, according to the measurements, should have been the correct choice. Imagine my befuddlement and horror when I received it and realized that I could fit two of me in it. Grrrr. Because each dress is made upon order, I knew that, even if the seller let me return it, that I wouldn't have time to get a new one before the wedding. So, though it PAINED me to spend even more money, I took it to a tailor. Her reaction when she saw me in it the first time was unrestrained giggling, but also assurances that she could fix it. Well, I picked it up today and, boy howdy, did she ever! It is amazing! She basically had to rebuild the dress, taking the sleeves off of the bodice and running a seam down the front of the bodice, taking in the sides, moving the neckline up, etc. I am so pleased, and I think that the bride will be also :)

Plus, I now have my outfit for Halloween for next year :) (It's all about Halloween, folks, in case you haven't figured it out). Chris really wants to do a Celtic Samhain celebration with traditional elements, and I figure in this dress, with a harvest wreath around my head, that I'll definitely fit the spirit, if not the letter, of such a celebration ;)

Wish me luck! I so want to do a really good job for this couple.
Kimberley

5 comments:

tea time and roses said...

Sorry about the dress Kimberley, but I know it will not stop the excitement and beauty of the wedding... I cannot wait to hear more about it...

Smiles to you...

Beverly

stadtgarten said...

Now your dress looks beautiful!
Have a nice weekend and enjoy the medieval wedding!

Susan Henschen said...

Have a great time this weekend! Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

The dress is stunning and I'm sure you will look amazing in it, good luck.

Perfectly Lovely said...

That dress is amazing!
Good luck with the wedding, cant wait to see the pics!
Jennifer x