Monday, July 7, 2008

Who minds handwashing...

when the results are this pretty?


handwashing2


And of course you have to see a closeup ;)

handwashing4


Isn't it funny how, when you only buy stuff you love, it all works together? It wasn't until I was through washing these things and put them out on the towel to dry that I noticed how the jadeite cake stand and pink candle tied in nicely :)

This episode of handwashing was brought about by the fact that Chris and I had friends over on Saturday night for a belated July 4th cookout. It was a lot of fun. And when I write "a lot" I mean both in terms of the fun-ness of our friends and the fact that they were at Tallulah House for six and a half hours!

Yes, the guys were doing their Neanderthal thing around the grill (us women are still not sure what that entailed besides standing around and pointing at the various meats, but whatever), and it was almost 9:00 pm before we ate! When we finally sat down it was to a potluck meal of spiced potato wedges, roasted corn, baked beans, roasted Brussel sprouts, watermelon, and of course the meat. For dessert, I offered the option of strawberry shortcake (with blueberries to make it fit the 4th) or chocolate ice cream. After dinner we played Taboo, with teams of men vs. women. Of course we women triumphed ;)

Chris and I plan to extend the barbeques into the fall-- they're too fun not to, and having potlucks means that everyone gets all the fun without a lot of work.

I hope that you had a great weekend, whatever your plans were.
Kimberley

No comments: