Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Proof positive that I have lost my mind

Here is a picture of Happy, my espresso maker:

francisfrancis

Ok, so this isn't a picture of my ACTUAL espresso maker. I'm too lazy to go and drag out the camera, ok? Geez. It's the same model and company, but mine is a lovely, pale vintage shade of blue, which they don't appear to make anymore-- oh, and the price on this model has shot up about $200.00 since Chris bought me mine for my birthday/Christmas present!

Anyway, none of that is the point. The point is that just about every day in the summer, Happy and I concoct a favourite summertime beverage before I go to work: the iced latte, mmmmmm. The recipe is this:

*Two teaspoons of agave nectar
*One Starbucks decaffeinated espresso pod
*Enough ice cold, 1% organic milk to fill up my National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame travel mug (if you ever have a chance to visit this museum, then go, go, go! It is extremely well done, and a lot of fun).
*Ice

Add the agave nectar to the travel mug first. Then, make a cup of espresso and pour it into the travel mug. Add milk, and then ice cubes. Voila! Delicious summertime treaty goodness!

So. I make this practically everyday in the summer... every summer day for the PAST TWO YEARS.

Well, not so on Monday. Nay, gentle reader, not last Monday. Instead, here's what happened:

I made two cups of espresso and added them to my travel mug. Then I filled the milk frothing cup with water and heated it until it was boiling, and added it to the mug. THEN I started adding ice cubes to it, and wondered why they were melting. I also wondered why it tasted so bad...

I blame this and all other similar, spacey, inexplicable mistakes (such as putting in the completely wrong pin number THREE TIMES-- seriously it was something that my brain just completely made up on the spot) on Liam :)

Is there anyone out there who can reassure me that I'll get my mind back... eventually? Anyone?

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I have something for you over at my spot. Please come and see!

cd&m said...

Ha I agree with Juniper....

tea time and roses said...

Hi Kimberley!

I most definitely agree with Juniper, and even then it takes time to regather your thoughts and get back to normal! :o) Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

Smiles...

Beverly

Kimberley said...

Well, what a bummer ;)